Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world’s bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make informed decisions.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s “Monsanto Protection Act.”
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison.
That’s why we March Against Monsanto.
- Is #Monsanto Going Down? #GYOnotGMO (naturalremediesblog.net)
- Monsanto Spreads Propaganda in Hawaii’s Largest Newspaper (sgtreport.com)
- Protests Worldwide Told Monsanto Heck No, GMO (guardianlv.com)
- US Military and Monsanto Now Actively Engaged In Tracking Anti-GMO Websites, Activists, Campaigners and Independent Scientists (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- Monsanto-backed GMO giants launch website to combat anti-biotech sentiment – RT News (2012indyinfo.com)
- Monsanto – The Short of It (truthshallbeknown.wordpress.com)